- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (4.5-oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups cooked shredded or diced chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- desired garnishes such are olives, green onion, dice avocado, diced tomatoes etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the flour and stir to combine. Add chicken broth a little at a time while stirring constantly, until all broth has been added and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in sour cream and green chilies. Cook 2-3 until thickened.
- In a large bowl, the chicken, half the sauce and half of the cheese. Take each tortilla and spread some filling down the center, roll up, and place seam side-down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour remaining amount of the sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese over the enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes more until sauce is bubbling. Serve immediately and top with desired toppings. Serves 5.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican