- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp beef Better Than Bouillon or 2 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 3 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk **see notes
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen three cheese tortellini
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- Brown sausage in a skillet and remove any excess grease. Place sausage in the slow cooker.
- Now add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, beef bouillon, salt, and broth to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- In a bowl, add the cornstarch mixture to the evaporated milk and whisk together. Add into the slow cooker along with the tortellini and cook on high for 45 minutes until thickened and the tortellini is fully cooked.
- Add in the spinach and stir to combine. Cook for another 5-10 minutes until spinach has wilted. Serves 8-10.