- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (32 oz) pkg frozen cubed hash brown potatoes , thawed (however, I recommend keeping them frozen if you want the potatoes more chunky and not so mushy)
- diced green onion or chives, optional for garnish
- In a 4 qt slow cooker, combine the soup, sour cream, onion, melted butter, salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese.
- Stir in the hash browns to coat.
- Cook, covered, on low for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onion or chives if desired. Serves 6-8.