- 3–4 lbs. chuck or bottom round beef roast
- onion powder
- 2 pkgs. brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- enough slices of bread for 6 servings
- enough hot mashed potatoes for 6 servings
- Season roast with the salt, pepper, and onion powder and place in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the gravy mix and water. Then pour around the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove roast from the crock pot and shred. Skim fat off of gravy is needed.
- Serve beef over bread with mashed potatoes on the side and top all of it with gravy. Serves 6.