- 8 cups russet potatoes , diced
- 1 small yellow onion , diced
- 2 large carrots , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream , (you can substitute with whole milk)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery, ham, Kosher salt, pepper , and chicken broth to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
- Using a potato masher, mash about ⅓ of the potatoes.
- Whisk the the flour and heavy cream/milk. Mix into the soup. Add in sour cream and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 15 minutes to thicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American