- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned (you can also do 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sausage)
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz) pkg regular cream cheese, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (16-19 oz) pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- shredded parmesan cheese, optional for topping
- Add sausage, marinara sauce, chicken broth, cream cheese, mushrooms, and spinach to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, on high for 2-3.
- Then add frozen tortellini and cook on high for 15 minutes or until tender and hot.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese if desired.
It is best to use full fat cream cheese in this recipe to get it to blend in well. Reduced fat or fat free and curdle.