- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb. or 3 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- Spray a slow cooker (at least 4 quart in size) with non-stick spray and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until mixture becomes frothy. Add almonds and mix until coated.
- Pour almonds into the slow cooker. Then add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the slow cooker. Stir until the almonds are well blended with the sugar mixture.
- Cook on low for 3 hours stirring every 15 minutes. During the last hour mix in the 1/4 cup water.
- Spread the cooked almonds on to the lined baking sheet to cool. Allow to cool for 1 hour and them break up the almonds. There would be excess sugar left. Makes 3 cups.