- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 (16 oz) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 cups dried macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef with the diced onion until beef is fully cooked. Drain off and excess grease. Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the beef mixture to a large slow cooker along with the broth, beans, tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for up to 10 hours or high for 2 hours. Then add in the dried macaroni and cook on high for about 30 minutes until the pasta is tender. Stir in the cheese until melted and serve. Serves 6-8.