- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of salsa verde
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- shredded cheese
- pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- tortilla shells
- Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top chicken with the diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. The pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and shredded. Mix in enough of the juice leftover in the slow cooker to make the meat moist.
- Spoon chicken into tortillas and top with shredded cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo.