- 1 (32 oz) box or 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower cut into chunks, discard green part
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Optional toppings – additional shredded cheese, french fried onions, and crumbled bacon
- In your slow cooker, add the broth, cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Then use and immersion blender to blend the soup or blend in a blender until smooth. If using a blender remember to not put the lid on tight. If you put the lid on tight with hot liquid inside a blender, you’ll end up with a soup explosion! Also, if using the blender place soup back in crock pot after blending.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and cream. Allow cheese to melt and stir until well blended. Add in the salt to taste.
- Serve topped with desired toppings. Serves 6.