- 1 (6 lb) beef roast (chuck or sirloin works well)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 12 buns or large rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a dutch oven or roasting pan, place roast and cover loosely with a piece of foil. You want air to be able to circulate.
- Place in the oven at 425 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 350 degrees and bake for 2 hours or until it reaches desired doneness.
- Allow meat to rest for 15 minutes.
- While meat rests, in a large sauce pan, saute the onion in butter until translucent. Then add in the ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and bbq sauce. Cook until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated.
- Slice or shred beef and serve with sauce. If shredded, I like to mix in the sauce. Serve on buns or rolls. Serves 12.