- Place half of apples and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the roast on top of the apples and onions. Cut slits in the roast about every inch. Insert some of the remaining apple slices in the slits.
- season the roast with salt and pepper, then top with the remaining apples and onions. The pour the apple cider around the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and allow to rest.
- Strain juiced from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Mix about 1 Tbsp cork starch with 1 Tbsp water and whisk into the cooking juices. Cook over medium heat until thicken. Can use more cornstarch if needed to reach desired thickness.
- Shred pork roast and serve with sauce. Serves 6-8.