- 1 pound Italian Sausage (mild or hot – I used mild)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 (15 oz) cans of Bush’s Cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Bush’s Dark Red Seasoned Kidney beans, darined
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 cup uncooked mini penne pasta
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Bring a post of water to boil for the pasta.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage along with the onion, carrot, and garlic.
- Once sausage is browned add the beans, crush tomatoes, and fennel. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While bean mixture simmers, cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the package (about 9 minutes).
- Drain pasta and fold cooked pasta into the bean mixture. If mixture is too thick you can add a little water to thin it if needed.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese. Serves 6.