- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups beef-flavored broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb unpeeled Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3 medium) I used Yukon Gold
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salt, pepper and flour. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, mix broth, whipping cream and mustard with wire whisk. Add to beef mixture. Stir in potatoes and carrots.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. If the sauce is too thin at the end of the cooking process, increase the heat to medium-high and cook uncovered another few minutes until the liquid reduces and is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Serves 4-5.