- 1/2 to 1 pound ground beef (I use the 1 pd)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp canned chopped green chilies (Sometimes I don’t have these and leave them out)
- Vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 8 – 10 corn tortillas
- 2–1/2 to 3 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels.
- When meat mixture has simmered for 20 minutes, top each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place over beef mixture, spooning some of mixture over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook until heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Makes 8- 10 enchiladas.