- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups V8 juice
- 1( 8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz macaroni or other small pasta
- 1 (16 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in garlic and seasonings. Cook until garlic is fragrant. Mix in V8 juice, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in pasta and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Mix in beans and sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat and cover until cheese is melted. Serve top with green onion. Serves 4-5.