- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) pkg corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- sour cream, optional for garnish
- In a large skillet, over medium heat break up and brown ground beef. Drain fat.
- Add in the pkg of taco seasoning, tomato sauce, beans and water. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat mixture in the skillet. Cover. Cook on low heat 15 minutes or until corn bread fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted of place in the oven under the broiler to melt the cheese until bubbly. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican