- 8 frozen dinner rolls, thawed according to pkg directions (like Rhode’s)
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Kosher salt or Everything bagel seasoning
- ketchup and/or mustard for serving
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll each dinner roll into a rope that is 1 1/2 times the length of the hot dogs. Wrap a rope of dough around each hot dogs, pinching at the ends so the ends won’t come loose.
- Add the baking soda to the boiling water. Working in batches, add the pretzel dogs into the water for 30 seconds. Then remove and place on a rack.
- Move the pretzel dogs to the prepared baking sheet. Brush with beaten eggs. Then sprinkle with salt or everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping. Makes 8 servings.