- 2–3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- slurry of either flour and water or cornstarch and water, **see notes
- Sprinkle roast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add to the crock pot and pour the beef broth around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until beef easily shreds with a fork. Remove roast from the crockpot and shred beef.
- To prepare the gravy, add the juices from the crock pot to a sauce pan. Cook until hot. Slowly add in a slurry of water and flour or water and cornstarch. Add enough to reach the desired consistency. Serve with the roast.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American