- 2 pounds yellow potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and cut into ¼″ thick slices (no need to peel unless you want to). Drop into boiling water for 3 minutes. During the last minute, add the sliced onions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add the soup, milk, and garlic powder. Whisk together until well combined.
- Spread a little bit of the soup mixture in the bottom of a greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Layer half of the potatoes, half of the soup mixture, and half of the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American