- 1 (32 oz) pkg. of shredded hash borwns, thawed
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 2 cups cornflakes (lightly crushed)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1–2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine hash browns, soup, sour cream, butter, cheddar cheese, and green onion in a large bowl. Mix well. You can add a little pepper here if you’d like.
- Pour hash browns into 9 x 13 dish. Mix together topping ingredients if using cornflakes and sprinkle (cornflakes or cheese) over potatoes. Cook for about 40 minutes until bubbly and golden.