- 1 pot roast, anywhere from 2 to 4 pounds
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6–8 mozzarella or provolone slices
- 1 McCormick Au Jus sauce packet (found in the gravy mix aisle, I used Western Family brand)
- 6–8 Rolls /buns
- In crockpot, dissolve Au jus packet in 3 cups of cold water then add the roast (my roast was still partly frozen).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours (I cooked mine about 8 hours). One hour before you plan to eat, shred the beef then slice the peppers and onions and add to crockpot.
- When it is finished, remove meat and veggies with a slotted spoon.
- Place mozzarella slices on buns and place under broiler until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Fill the rolls with the meat and veggies, then divide the Au Jus sauce into smaller bowls for dipping.