- 1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7up
- 1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries (drained and juice reserved) plus more if desired for garnish
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cherry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3–4 Tbsp cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and continue to mix until blended.
- Add in the flour and mix again until smooth.
- Add in the lemon extract and 7up and beat to combine.
- Fold cherries into the batter.
- Grease a bundt pan with shortening, then dust it with flour. I prefer to spray with baking spray. This greases and flours the pan all at once.
- Spread the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until center is set.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan.
- Invert the cake onto serving dish and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile mix together your glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of your cake. Top with additional cherries if desired. Serves 12.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American