- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13×18 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix together just until incorporated – do not over mix.
- Add the bag of chocolate chips in and stir with a wooden spoon, again not over mixing, just until incorporated.
- Spread thick cookie dough out evenly onto the baking sheet. Spread out with fingers or spray a rubber spatula with non-stick spray. Sprinkle mini chips to the top of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 3-4 dozen bars.