- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 lb. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a sheet (12X18-inches) and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and 1 lb of chocolate. Microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring after each one, until it is melted and smooth. Add the sugar and mix in.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, and whisk until large bubbles pop at the surface – it will go from looking slightly curdled to really glossy and thick, so keep stirring until you see this result.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate batter and mix once or twice. With dry streaks remaining, add the chocolate chips and mix until well-combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until edges are set but the middle is still slightly gooey.
- Allow brownies cool completely in the pan. Serves at least 24.
- Category: Dessert, brownies, bars
- Cuisine: American