- 1 lb sage pork breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 12 prepared biscuits, split into halves
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage until fully cook. If you have a large amount grease left in the pan, drain while keeping a tablespoon of the sausage grease in the pan. I don’t ever need to drain mine.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle sausage with flour, stir, and allow to cook for several minutes.
- Add the milk and stir together. Continue cooking while stirring over medium heat until gravy thickens, 5-10 minutes. Serve gravy over cook biscuits. Serves 6.