- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Maple Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 cups bread cubed into ¾-inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- maple syrup, if desired
- Brown sausage in a skillet until cooked; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix apples, sugar and cinnamon together until well coated.
- In a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, place half of the bread cubes followed by half the sausage, half the apples, and and 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the layers making sure to evenly coat it all with the egg mixture.
- Place in fridge and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove the casserole from the fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 6-8 pieces and served topped with a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.