- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp root beer extract/flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan and one foil lined 9 x 9 inch pan with butter; set aside.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, cream, milk and salt. Cook over low until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn heat up to medium and clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pot Cook the mixture, stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until the mixture reaches soft ball stage (for here in Utah that is 230 degrees) .
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla and root beer extracts.
- Pour the mixture into the greased 9X13 pan.
- Leave the pan undisturbed to cool at room temperature for 1 hour. (Do not stir during this step or the fudge can turn to sugar.)
- When cool enough, pour the mixture into the bowl of your kitchen aid.Using the paddle attachment mix for approximately 3 minutes. It is done mixing when the fudge begins to lighten in color, lose a bit of it’s shine and thicken slightly.
- Pour mixture into the 9 x9 foil lined baking pan and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Pour mini marshmallows evenly oven the fudge and lightly press into the fudge.
- Allow the fudge to set and crystallize for 1 hour or longer at room temperature. It will lighten in color as it cools.
- Remove fudge from the pan using the foil and cut into desired pieces and serve.
- The fudge should be stored tightly covered at room temperature or refrigerated tightly sealed for longer storage.