- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk, chocolate, sugar, salt over medium-low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and everything is blended together.
- Stir in the vanilla. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and let the hot cocoa sit (still covered) for 5 minutes before serving. Give it a whisk and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings that are around 1/3 cup each.