- 5 1/2 cups bran cereal flakes
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, mix the the buttermilk and bran flakes together. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs together. Next, stir in both sugars and vanilla.
- Add in the bran mixture along with the raisins if desired. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Combine the bran mixture with the flour mixture.
- Fill lined muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes. The complete recipe will make 36 miffins.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American