- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 oz pkg light cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Then add the baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/4 to 1/3 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.There is no need for flour on your counter to work with this dough. I used a 3 inch round cookie cutter and a 3 inch scalloped biscuit cutter to shape the cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or just until beginning to turn brown around the edges. Don’t over cook.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- For the frosting: In another bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, salt, almond extract and cream cheese.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks. Ad 1/3 of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold together.
- Add the remaining whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold until well blended.
- Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use.
- To assemble tarts: frost each cookie with the frosting and then top with the strawberries and blueberries.
I was able to make 34 (3-inch) round cookies with this recipe.