- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Ducan Hines red velvet cake mix
- 8 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Spray a 9 x 13 dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted and combined well with the butter.
- Whisk in the cake mix until well blended.
- Add the rice krispies and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Remove from heat and add to the prepared 9 x 13 pan. Use a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper to press the cereal into pan until level.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into squares with a knife or use a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut into heart shapes.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Place chocolate into a quart sized freezer bag. Snip off the corner of the bag with scissors creating a small hole. Pipe white chocolate over the krispie treats and allow chocolate to cool. Makes 18 treats.