- 2 cups minute rice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 oz) can beef consomme (can be found with the canned soups or with the broth at the grocery store)
- pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter then add in the rice, onion and green pepper. Saute until veggies are tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes, beef comsomme, and pepper. Cook over medium heat uncover for 5 minutes. turn off burner, but leave pan on burner. Cover pan and let sit for 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed in the rice. Serves 6.