- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 (10 oz) can beef consommé (2 cans if you like a lot of dipping sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 lb delic sliced roast beef
- 4 french rolls
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat for 1 minute. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add flour and sauté 1 more minute.
- Slowly whisk in beef consommé. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Add steak seasoning and mix until combined. Separate roast beef and place in the au jus sauce until warm.
- While the meat heats, top the botto half of each roll with a slice of cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Using tongs, place an equal portion of beef on each section of baguette or rolls. Serve with a small bowl of au jus for dipping. Makes 4 servings.
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American