- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used the ones with chipotle peppers)
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp from a 1 oz package Baja Citrus Marinade
- ½ t. Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Minute brown rice
- 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- Toppings: (optional)
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Avocados, diced
- Tortilla chips, broken up
- Diced green onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Put chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chilis, corn, marinade, and salt to a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the diced chicken and brown rice. Reduce heat and let simmer while covered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Keep covered and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings. Serves 8.