- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 green pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced into thin half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp A-1 steak sauce
- 1 lb deli roast beef, cut into 2-inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 4 –6 (6-inch) sub rolls (depending on how meaty you like them – I did 6)
- 4–6 slices provolone cheese, cut on half
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the onion and peppers; cook until softened and golden. Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook for a minute, until it smells fragrant. Add the A-1 sauce and the beef, stirring well to coat the beef with the sauce and onion/butter mixture. Cook until the meat is heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sliced rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Place to halves of provolone on half of each roll. Broil until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Top each roll with meat mixture . Serve immediately.