- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/3 cups baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- In a small sauce pan, heat maple syrup, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and apple pie spice over medium heat until butter melts and all the ingredients are well combined, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare and preheat your waffle iron.
- In large bowl, combine all of the waffle ingredients until blended. Pour amount of batter needed for your waffle iron onto center of the heated waffle iron. For my waffle iron it is 1/2 cup. Close lid of waffle iron.
- Cook waffle until golden brown. Carefully remove waffle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top waffles with maple syrup or pumpkin spiced syrup (recipe below). Makes about 6 waffles