- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- ORANGE WALNUT BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for orange walnut butter, in a small bowl, combine the butter, walnuts and orange peel until blended. Serve waffles with butter mixture and maple syrup. Yield: 4 servings. (For my waffle maker it was about 7 waffles.)