- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened (reduced fat work fine)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Cover a 10×15 inch cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper, wider and longer than the cookie sheet.
- Pour batter onto parchment paper and spread evenly, making sure to get into the corners of the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes (less if the edges start to get really dark – it should look like cake and feel spongy to the touch).
- Next, turn onto a towel that has been generously covered with powdered sugar. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and remove the parchment paper.
- Roll the cake up, jelly roll style, in the towel starting with the short end. Allow to cool for ten minutes. (This helps the cake to keep the roll form. If you did this when it was cooled the cake would crack and not keep the nice form)
- While cake cools mix filling ingredients.
- Mix filling ingredients with a mixer until smooth.
- Unroll cake from towel and spread with filling
- Re-roll with out the towel, wrap in foil and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve.