- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice **see note below
- 4 cups apple juice or apple cider
- Mix up your favorite pancake mix according to package directions. For every cup of dry mix used, mix in the following:
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- To prepare syrup: in a sauce pan mix together, sugar, cornstarch, and pumpkin spice. Stir in apple juice or apple cider.
- Bring to a boil, remembering to stir occasionally. Boil until desired thickness and remove from heat.
- For pancakes: prepare pancake mix according to package directions. Then for every cup of mix used, add 1/4 cup canned pumpkin and 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice. (I usually use 2 cups of mix, so I ad 1/2 cup pumpkin and 1 tsp pumpkin spice)
- Cook pancakes and serve with the apple cider syrup.
To make your own pumpkin pie spice mix together:
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Sore in an airtight container.