- 1 loaf Texas toast bread, then cut each slice into thirds
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a small amount of butter and melt.
- Dip the bread pieces into the mixture, flip sides and then place on the hot skillet. Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, another bowl, combine the cinnamon sugar ingredients together, set aside.
- Remove the fully cooked french toast sticks from the skillet and immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve with syrup for dipping if desired. Serves 8.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American