- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Biscoff spread
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3–4 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Biscoff cookies, crushed (optional for garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the butter and Biscoff spread into a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until well blended.
- Add half the powdered sugar, half the milk, and the Tbsp vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix until blended.
- Add the remaining sugar and milk. Mix until blended and the beat with mixer for 3 minutes until nice and fluffy. Add more milk if needed to received desired consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed Biscoff cookies if desired.