- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Coat a large bundt pan with cooking spray or brush with oil. Add a small amount of granulated sugar and turn the pan to coat the inside, discarding any excess.
- In a medium bowl, stir together both flours, the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high until the mixture is thick and pale, about 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, orange zest and juice, and water. Beat on low until smooth.
- Sift the dry ingredients on top of the pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in the cranberries.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted at the center comes out clean. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar or top with glaze.
Glaze: 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar orange juice Whisk together orange zest, powdered sugar and orange juice,. Just use enough orange juice to make the consistency you wan. Drizzle the glaze over the cake just before serving.