- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or freshly cooked and processed)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp molasses
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 10-inch glass pie pan or 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Sift flours, baking powder, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in cornmeal.
3. In separate bowl, beat eggs lightly. Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and molasses.
4. Make a well in the dry mixture. Add pumpkin mixture and blend batter with a few quick strokes (just until blended- don’t overmix. I also do this this a fork).
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cornbread is browned and the surface has a slightly springy feel.