- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (17 1/2 oz) pkg oatmeal cookie mix
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs light cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can or 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 48 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with foil. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- in a bowl, combine the cookie mix and 1/2 cup butter together using a pastry blender until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of the foil lined pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until combined. Then beat in 1 egg at a time until well combined. Then beat in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour over cooked crust and the bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until just set in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth. this should take about 1 minute total.
- Pour chocolate over the cooled cheesecake and spread out evenly. Arrange pecan halves over the top. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Using the foil, remove the cheesecake from the pan and cut into bars to serve. Makes 48 bars.