- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8×8-inch baking dish with foil leaving two edges hanging over and light grease the foil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in spices, salt, the egg and the pumpkin puree. Sift flour into the bowl and stir it in, mixing until just combined. Add in pecans and stir to evenly distribute the nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies are just just lightly browned at the edges and the center is set (it may look moist, but will not be sticky when lightly pressed). Allow to cool in the pan.
- Remove foil from pan and cut brownies into 9 squares. Serve each square topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt and drizzle with chocolate or caramel syrup.