- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples (I used golden delicious)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, soda and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened (Now this batter turns out very thick. I couldn’t get all of it combined at this point. I then add one cup of apples and mix it in. Then I chop up the next cup of apples and added that in. MaKe sure at this point all the dry ingredients are now moistened). Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 2 dozen.