- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ½ cups saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour (for dredging)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- For the Gravy:
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed saltines, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix together and then form into 8 even-sized patties.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge all the patties in the flour.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Sear patties on both sides until golden brown. Work in batches.
- Transfer the browned patties to the greased 9 x 13 inch prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soups and milk and then stir in the chopped parsley. Pour the gravy evenly over the top of the patties. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American