- 1 1/3 cup warm water (105 degrees)
- 1/4 cup non−fat dry milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil (for dough)
- 9 oz Vegetable oil (3 oz. per pan) – (I use just use enough to coat the pan)
- Butter flavored Pam ( I didn’t use this)
- For the sauce:
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
- Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Divide dough into three balls. In three 9″ cake pans ( or can use 1 – 9 inch pie plate and 1 – 9 x 13 dish) , put just enough oil in each making sure it is spreads evenly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9″ circle. Place in cake pans. Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 1 hour while the dough rises.
- For Each Nine Inch Pizza:
Preheat oven to 475F (I cooked at 450 for dark pans). Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1″ of edge. Distribute 1 1/2 Oz. shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce. Place toppings of your choice in this order: Pepperoni or Ham, Vegetables, Meats (cooked ground sausage or beef). Top with 3 Oz. mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown about 15 minutes. I then brush outer edge of crust with garlic butter. Makes 3 pizzas.
- Prep Time: 1 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American