- 1 cup pina colada bottled mix (I use Mr. & Mrs. T)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 Tbsp PLUS 1 tsp sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 Tbsp PLUS 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- Mix the pina colada mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Let mixture simmer slowly 10 – 12 minutes. Mix corn starch and water together, add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3 – 5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch.
- Remove from heat and bring to room temperature. Sauce is served at room temperature with coconut shrimp.